Maxims and Personal Mantra
10 Touchstorm Video insights from Alison Provost
1. The most effective videos are informational ones.
2. It's not about the total number of views, it's the quality of the views that matter.
3. Sharing your personal point of view creates uniqueness and a higher standard.
4. Measure Reach – Engagement – Conversion and social media involvement.
5. Keep informational and educational videos to 3-8 minutes.
Click here to listen to 33voices interview with Alison Provost . Interview date 06/21/2012 .
6. Create videos that provide answers to consumers' most pressing issues.
7. Distribution is king – be strategic about earned media.
8. As an entrepreneur, put the right people on the right jobs.
9. Taking risk is part of the entrepreneurial journey – keep your foot on the gas.
10. About 60% of searches are for information – share how-to's.
Core Insight: Informational videos trump entertainment videos.
Alison Provost is the industry visionary behind Touchstorm, a digital media company that produces, distributes and optimizes branded online editorial videos for a wide range of clients, including General Mills, Procter & Gamble and Sony. Under her leadership, Touchstorm has pioneered a unique approach to video production and distribution that has helped eminent brands create online video campaigns with TV-like reach and Internet-like engagement. You can follow Touchstorm on twitter @Touchstorm .