Maxims and Personal Mantra
10 personal growth maxims from Bev Flaxington
1. Confidence is a state of mind.
2. Improve the odds of success by having a plan and understanding your strengths
3. Embrace the perspective of others and be aware of filters that lead to assumptions.
4. The greatest gift you give another person is to understand their point of view.
5. Small steps lead to empowered action and greater confidence.
6. Instead of stopping at your goals – get clear about your desired outcome.
7. Your obstacles are the raw materials you need to succeed.
8. Understanding the human factor is the secret sauce.
9. There's more than one path towards your desired outcome, seek alternatives.
10. Love what you do and go make a difference.
Insight - Think about all the pieces of your life before you make an important decision.
Idea. Knowing and embracing yourself is the key.
Impact. A pathway to a great and meaningful life.
Best advice: Do what you love.
As The Confidence Coach, Beverly is a highly sought after national public speaker. As a sales and marketing expert, corporate consultant, college professor, hypnotherapist, certified behavioral expert, bestselling and Gold-award winning author and frequent radio guest and contributor to magazines, newsletters and online journals she has insights, education and specific life and change management tools to share with audiences of all types. Her bestselling book, Understanding Other People: The Five Secrets to Human Behavior, released in 2009, won the gold award from Readers Favorite for best new book on relationships. Her book, based upon her trademarked change management and goal achievement model, is “Make the Shift: The Proven Five-Step Plan to Success for Corporate Teams”. She just relased Make Your SHIFT: The Five Most Powerful Moves You Can Make to Get Where YOU Want to Go which became a bestseller on its first day of availability. She also authored “The 7 Steps to Effective Business Building for Financial Advisors” which was selected by the Financial Planning Association to make available to their members. She is co-author of “Wealthbuilding: A Consumer’s Guide to Making Profitable and Comfortable Investment Decisions”, published by Dearborn Financial Publishing. She trademarked “The Five Secrets to Successful Selling” in 2006. For over 16 years Beverly has run a successful business as a corporate consultant. She is also an adjunct professor at Suffolk University teaching undergraduate and graduate students, “Small Business Management”, “Leadership and Social Responsibility” “Organizational Behavior” and “Dealing with Difficult People”, a course she created for the University. Beverly is a Certified Hypnotist, Certified Hypnosis Trainer, Reiki Master Attunement Practitioner, Certified Professional Behavioral Analyst (CPBA) and Certified Professional Values Analyst (CPVA). She uses the DISC and PIAV tools frequently in her work with individuals and organizations. Bev holds a BSBA and an MBA from Suffolk University. She is an expert in sales, marketing, behavioral styles, stress management, hypnosis, time management, life and career change management, teambuilding, communication and business building.