Maxims and Personal Mantra
10 entrepreneurial insights from Danny Iny
1. The job of an entrepreneur is to create something new, better and different.
2. Bootstrapping isn't about money, it's about leveraging resources to the next step.
3. Focus on growing your attitude, commitment and ability to be helpful to others.
4. Recognize that you'll get it wrong first, then right.
5. Solve someone's problem or create a delightful experience to win new customers.
Click here to listen 33voices interview podcast with Danny Iny. Interview date 06/06/2012
6. The source of all my income is my audience.
7. Entrepreneurs achieve great things because they're too inexperienced to realize how unrealistic something maybe.
8. If you take away everything I've got and I have to start over, give me a week and I'll make money.
9. Write like you're explaining something to your friends. Practice outlining.
10. All the barrier to entry on the web are breaking – try something small.
Core insight: Engagement from scratch.
Best Advice: Talk less and listen more.
Danny Iny is a marketer, writer, and proud co-founder of Firepole Marketing.
He’s been an entrepreneur for longer than his entire adult life. He quit school when he was fifteen to start his first business, and has been doing it ever since.
Along the way he ran the Montreal Marathon, got an MBA, and married the most wonderful woman in the world. He’s also worked with companies of all sizes, from the very huge, to small businesses and entrepreneurs who are just getting started.
They call him “The Freddy Krueger of Blogging” for his prolific writing, both on Firepole Marketing, and on most major blogs in the industry. He’s also the author of several books, including Engagement from Scratch!, which he co-authored with Guy Kawasaki, Brian Clark, Mitch Joel, and many other familiar faces in the marketing world. In addition to all that, Danny is a super-friendly guy who makes a point of responding to every email and message – so send him an email and say hello!