Maxims and Personal Mantra
10 Innovation Insights from Jeff Bezos
1) Turning an idea into a successful product requires a combination of stubborn relentlessness & flexibility.
2) The key ingredient to successful innovation is having a willingness to repeatedly fail.
3) Listen to your customers – invent on their behalf.
4) One of the most dangerous moves for a company is not evolving.
5) With innovation, there isn’t a last nugget – every new thing creates new opportunities.
6) It’s just the beginning – there is more innovation ahead of us than behind us.
7) When you’re passionate about something, you won’t regret trying.
8) One of the only ways to get out of a tight box is to invent your way out.
9) Don’t wilt under criticism – follow your convictions.
10) In the end, we are our choices – build yourself a great story.
Reflection: Will inertia be your guide? Or will you follow your passions?
Entrepreneur and e-commerce pioneer Jeff Bezos had an early love of computers and studied computer science and electrical engineering at Princeton University. After graduation, he worked on Wall Street, and in 1990 became the youngest senior vice president at the investment firm D.E. Shaw. Four years later, he quit his lucrative job to open Amazon.com, a virtual bookstore that became one of the Internet’s biggest success stories.