Maxims and Personal Mantra
1. Stay present in the moment and open ourselves up to new ideas.
2. Incidental meetings are anything but incidental.
3. Remember what matters and reconnect deeply with the moments each day brings you.
4. 'Jumping off' is courage anchored in Faith.
5. You don't do anything in this world alone.
6. We control only 3 things – our attitude, behavior and our choices.
7. Passion trumps any insecurity and risk.
8. Understand what you want to contribute to the world and watch your passion get ignited.
9. Faith doesn't replace your responsibility to take ownership of your destiny.
10. Alignment your values with your work – Ask yourself: What did I tolerate in 2011 that I will no longer tolerate in 2012.
11. There are no accidents – when you cross paths with people in life; embrace it and make contact. They are there for a reason.
12. Self-awareness is a constant journey throughout life.
13. Are the conversations you're having with yourself inspiring or destructive?
Best Advice: [From Mom and Dad] – Use good judgment and follow your heart.
Personal Mantra: Do the work that I was put on this planet to do. My work is to learn and to teach.
Biggest inspiration: My parents and Oprah because she's trying to make the world a better place.
Kristin S. Kaufman is the founder of Alignment, Inc., formed in 2007 to serve individuals, corporations, boards of directors, and nonprofits in finding alignment within themselves and their organizations. Alignment, Inc. is a unique services organization that works with companies and individuals to create sustainable success individually and collectively. Kaufman has brought this expertise to hundreds of people since establishing Alignment. During her twenty-five years of corporate experience, she has held executive positions at Hewlett-Packard, Vignette Corporation, and United Health Group. In 2009 Kaufman pursued and was awarded the distinction of professional certified coach from the International Coaching Federation and also achieved the designation of certified leadership coach through the esteemed program of Georgetown University. A prolific writer, Kristin’s first book, “Is This Seat Taken? Random Encounters That Change Your Life”, centers on her global experiences seeding her journey toward alignment.
Articles written by Kristin Kaufman: