Maxims and Personal Mantra
10 social media insights from Neal Schaffer
1. Your brand is the only thing people can never take away.
2. Give away your knowledge to empower others and build your credibility.
3. Never self-promote on social media.
4. Approach social media with a stated objective and focus on adding value.
5. Linkedin is a business tool so build your connections strategically.
Click here to listen to 33voices interview with Neal Schaffer. Interview date 6/27/2012 .
6. Be aware of the social media protocol in various cultures or regions.
7. Your action and words create your online brand – be real and be you.
8. Use status updates to share relevant information on Linkedin at least once a day
9. Your web site is still your online home base – make it robust.
10. Seth Godin reveals the truth in modern marketing – follow him.
Core Insight: Your personal brand is your unique existence.
Best Advice: The only way to scale your business is to hire great people to help you.
Neal Schaffer is a leader in helping businesses and professionals strategically leverage the business potential of social media. A Forbes Top 30 Social Media Power Influencer and creator of the AdAge Top 100 Global Marketing Blog Windmill Networking, Neal is an international social media conference speaker who is also known for his two award-winning and critically acclaimed social media books: ”Maximizing LinkedIn for Sales and Social Media Marketing” and “Windmill Networking: Maximizing LinkedIn.” As a leading social media strategist, Neal has created social media strategies and coached implementation for companies ranging from a Fortune 50 software company to a Grammy award-winning musician.
Neal is currently President of the Social Media Strategy Consultancy Windmills Marketing, where he personally provides social media strategy consulting, social media coaching, speaking, and training services. Neal is also Vice President of Social Strategy for the social media agency Green Dream Social. You can follow Neal on twitter @nealschaffer