Maxims and Personal Mantra
10 social business insights from Peter Kim
1. Social business taps into the fundamental human tendencies.
2. Social business create engagement and a huge competitive advantage.
3. Social business is about connecting.
4. Getting to a social business is a deliberate, conscious process.
5. The smartphone are the new super computer.
6. The businesses who harness big data will be the big winners.
7. Social media interrelates the customer, marketplace, workers, and trading partners.
8. Start by looking externally and find out what customers are looking for.
9. Customers expect your company to engage, it's a two-way channel.
10. Everything that can be social will be social.
Core Insight: Everything that can be social will be social.
Best Advice: Start a blog, it's your insurance policy.
Peter Kim ( @peterkim on twitter ) is co-author (with Dion Hinchcliffe) of the book Social Business by Design. Peter Kim blogs about his thoughts on social business at http://www.beingpeterkim.com/ . Peter is recognized as a leading thinker and analyst on social business, working with clients on strategy formulation and driving global industry discourse. Peter has been quoted by media outlets including CNN, CNBC, NPR, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal and featured as a speaker at events including SXSW, Web 2.0 Expo, and Dachis Group Social Business Summits. Peter was previously an analyst at Forrester Research, focusing on the intersection of social technology and marketing strategy while winning awards for best research and top keynote. Earlier at PUMA AG, he managed international marketing operations, e-commerce, and digital marketing. In this role, he grew US revenue by 8 times and opened online stores in Europe, built the firm’s internal advertising agency, and created the process for worldwide collaboration. Peter holds degrees from the University of Virginia’s Darden School (MBA) and the University of Pennsylvania (BA).