Jenny and Jenna reflect on three fundraising, leadership, and prioritization lessons Jenny's gleaned as a serial entrepreneur and Partner at Freestyle Capital.
- Jenny’s light bulb focus moment and how she learned which tasks to prioritize; “These are the things that will make or break your business.”
- The power of working backwards; Ask yourself - Where do I want to be a year from now? What metrics do I need to achieve to get there?
- How to prepare for your startup pitch - Practice really does make perfect
- Interpreting VC behavior - “Talk is cheap. Action and time are everything.”
- Why Jenny would have raised less money for WeddingChannel.com; “Too much capital doesn’t create the discipline that startups need.”
- Making the right financial bets at your startup; “Use your capital as ammunition, not oxygen.”