Kalpesh and Jenna discuss how SelfScore is equipping international students with the financial opportunities they deserve, the future of banking, and the power of purpose for founders.
- How SelfScore is empowering international students to build their credit history and healthy financial habits
- The a-ha moment that shaped SelfScore’s business model
- Mapping out SelfScore’s long-term vision and prioritizing user experience to become the go-to destination for students
- Banking as a backend utility and how Netflix’s evolution relates to Kalpesh’s prediction of the system’s disruption
- How Kalpesh’s work as an investor influences his decision-making strategy as a founder; “You make bets on people and products just like you’re making bets on companies.”
- Filling in Kalpesh’s four-pronged hiring framework: Attitude, aptitude, energy, and integrity
- The power of consistency and discipline; “You don’t have to be a hero to succeed in business. You just have to do things repeatedly in a consistent and smart way.”