Lynn and Jenna discuss the emotional and technical aspects of building an authentic peer-to-peer marketplace.
- Designing UrbanSitter to mirror real life interactions - "We want to mimic the trust that happens when parents look for child care offline" (Learn more in this great First Round Review article)
- How UrbanSitter created a flexible system to quickly adapt to user needs - You can't scale your team at the same rate as your growth.
- An inside look into UrbanSitter’s culture - It's real and right for them - and the practices that make working remotely seamless
- Hiring a team that can grow with your company and how to navigate the process of changing or sharing your role
- How to unearth your team members' talents, cultivate them, and empower them to embrace them in your organization
- UrbanSitter’s bi-monthly Drop the Mic tradition and how it enables them to “recognize team members bursts of productivity”
- Dream UrbanSitter job? $35 an hour to shop with a teenager in NYC for three days