The Giving Keys Founder Caitlin Crosby joins Jenna to discuss her new book, You are the Key: Turning Imperfections Into Purpose. We chat about our beliefs as the foundation of self-empowerment, surrender as a daily practice, and the freedom of giving yourself grace.
The Beliefs That Lead to Self Empowerment
The night I read Caitlin Crosby’s new book I found myself repeating — “There was so much grace. There was grace enough for all of it.” — before I went to bed. I slept easier that night and think that’s the best way to describe You are the Key: Turning Imperfections Into Purpose. It makes you feel better.
We are all on a unique journey and yet the life lessons we learn are the thread that unites us in our human experience; Everything from self-compassion and forgiveness to learning to trust our lives and attune our attention to what truly matters. Caitlin bravely chronicles her experience learning them in the book and through her honesty helps each of us do the same. Grace, letting of go perfectionism, and the notion that our beliefs shape our lives, and are ultimately the path to self-empowerment, are the lessons that were most impactful to me.
I was so grateful to have Caitlin on the podcast to hear about the powerful experiences she shares in the book and know each reader will walk away with their own guiding mantra.
Here’s a glimpse of what we discuss…
- Your beliefs as the foundation of self-empowerment
- Our daily work aligning our mindset to shape our life experience
- The relief of giving yourself grace
- Cultivating self-compassion and accepting ourselves as humans not heroes
- Becoming intentional about being proud of yourself
- Surrender as a daily practice to ease anxiety and suffering
- Staying centered with the serenity prayer: God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. Courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
- Aligning your time and attention with a written priority list