Moe Abdou is joined by Kapil Gupta, MD to explore deeper why only a few can make greatness routine.
The Unrelenting Truth About Personal Freedom
The world we live in today is not short on self-help advice, gurus or life coaches who always seem to promise ‘transformation’ yet end up delivering an odd number - usually five or seven - of reframed tactics that leave you yearning for more. A tiny minority will ever capture the slightest glimpse of any real ‘transformation’, because as a society, we’ve been programmed to believe that it’s ‘the journey, not the destination’ that really matters - or is it?
As a confidant and personal advisor to some of the world’s most influential leaders, entertainers and professional athletes - Kapil Gupta has learned one thing, and one thing only that distinguishes the super elite with whom he works - and it is their unrelenting pursuit of the Truth - their Truth. At first glance, that may sound overly simplistic to you, or perhaps even elusive - still, if you’re like me, take five minutes to head over to his website and read one of his discourses or listen deeply to this interview - not only will you walk away convinced that he’s one of the most intelligent, inspiring and sincere performance advocates you’ve come across; more importantly, you might just get that nudge to dig a little deeper to discover your own version of the Truth.
This is one of those conversation that you’ll likely have to listen to a few times to capture its real essence; still here’s a sampling of what you’ll learn:
- In every problem, situation or circumstance - there is always a truth - and, that Truth is never mechanical
- Avoidance is a very comfortable way to live, yet very dangerous in the end
- If you tell someone How to get somewhere, they will forever be stuck on the ‘How’, and never arrive there anyway
- Teaching ‘How’ doesn’t create art, it creates dependency
- The super elite are infinite learners, but not infinite disciples - they blaze their own trails
- The only reason that you don’t have what you want is because you didn’t really want it --the only reason that you have the thing that you do is because you couldn’t live without it --- and the only reason that you are where you are is because somewhere within, it is ok to be there
- The person who’s sincere about becoming a master doesn’t prescribe to a never-ending pursuit - she wants an endpoint - she doesn’t want to keep chasing ghosts
- Everyone wants something - The Want is never stated outright - the thing that is verbalized is the masquerade - the want has to be discovered, it never walks in the door
- If you are really serious about the Truth - you will not find it difficult to throw every self-help book in the trash - because they speak prescriptions, bondage and an adherence to a group
- Anything that involves a group is false. All things arise in the individual, from the individual, and by way of the individual
- All human beings seek engagement and immersion - they seek to be lost in what they do - its the one central human desire
- All conflict is self-conflict - it’s mind made