Acclaimed documentary filmmaker, Tim Samuels joins Moe Abdou to explore why modern Masculinity isn't what it used to be - and why today's modern man thinks, acts, and lives differently.
In one of the more fascinating conversations that I’ve had - this dialogue with the brilliant BBC journalist & filmmaker, Tim Samuels challenged me to pause and contemplate the real reasons why the state of the world is so unsettling, and at times troubling; especially when it comes to the contribution of men. There’s no denying the seriousness of this topic and thanks to the #metoo movement, it has become an urgent call for the entirety of the men’s population to rise up and reimagine what it truly means to be a man in 2019 and beyond.
We have a lot more to come on this topic, but for the time being - I urge you to take a look at Tim’s latest book - Future man: How to Evolve and Thrive in The Age of Trump, Mansplanning, And #Metoo - and to listen carefully to his commentary during this conversation. Here are a few of the questions we discuss:
- Why is what’s happening with men today happening?
- What’s the common thread amongst the troubled, mass shooters?
- What most men never admit and why certain topics are ignored?
- Reimagining mental health.
- A modern man’s view of work.
- Why success isn’t what it used to be & what to do about it?
- A message to captains of industry & leaders of thriving organizations.
- How a modern man defines love?
- Money and men in 2019 and beyond.
- Relationships - why they fall apart & when they work.