Seven insights from the S.H.E. Summit conference about women actively pursuing their dreams.
1. "The best return a woman can get is ask for the raise."
2. "Dream bigger - Who gives a damn what anybody thinks!"
3. "Start by starting. Don’t let perfection get in the way.”
4. "Your dreams make you bigger than all the people around you who say you can't.”
5. "Always zig when people expect you to zag.”
- Soledad O’Brien, Journalist, producer, & philanthropist
6. "Everyone has a voice. Use it to speak about what’s important to you.”
- Lisa Bloom, Journalist & Author of Think: Straight Talk for Women to Stay Smart in a Dumbed-Down World
7. "Dreaming is our right."
- Michael Serbinis: What I've Learned — Visionary Entrepreneur, investor and CEO and Founder of the new healthcare startup, LEAGUE, Michael Serbinis shares what he learned building three disruptive startups, selling two of them and working with Kimbal and Elon Musk.
- How PowerToFly is Designing the Future of Work — In Katharine Zaleski’s letter ‘I'm sorry to all the mothers I worked with’ - Fortune magazine’s most popular article of 2015 - she describes the traditional workplace as “death by a thousand cuts for mothers;” Detailing the harsh challenges women face scaling their careers once they have children.
- How to Ignite Your Team's Superpowers — As the dire need for diversity pulsates through the startup community, HoneyBook is among the rare companies comprised of 60% women. When I acknowledged Shadiah Sigala and Oz Alon's, two of the company’s founders, proactive approach to company building, they surprised me by redefining diversity.
back to the blog